OUR HISTORY

Founded in 1863 the company changed its name to Alexander Oastler Ltd in 1923 when the company was taken over by the husband of the family’s grand-daughter. Joining as an apprentice in 1930, Lawson Ramsay worked with the company until he was called to serve during the Second World War.  After the war, he teamed up with David Urquart and bought the company from Alexander ‘Sandy’ Oastler and continued to build on Oastler’s reputation as a specialist joiner and building contractor.

In 2004, Mr Brian Thomson took over the position of Managing Director after having started as an apprentice joiner in 1978.

To this day we take pride in maintaining our reputation of carrying out high quality work joinery work on both large and small-scale projects across a range of sectors.

Joining as an apprentice in 1930, Lawson Ramsay worked with the company until he was called to serve during the Second World War.  After the war, he teamed up with David Urquart and bought the company from Alexander ‘Sandy’ Oastler and continued to build on Oastler’s reputation as a specialist joiner and building contractor.

In 2004, Mr Brian Thomson took over the position of Managing Director after having started as an apprentice joiner in 1978.

To this day we take pride in maintaining our reputation of carrying out high quality work joinery work on both large and small-scale projects across a range of sectors.

We are committed to making a long-term difference to social, economic and environmental sustainability.

 

Delivering high-quality specialist joinery and bespoke carpentry solutions.

Get in touch today

For more information on any of our products and services across Scotland please call us on 01382 225 934 and ask for a FREE no-obligation quote.

Highly experienced and qualified

We are proud to be associated with the Federation of Master Builders, Constructionline and Dundee Chamber of Commerce.